– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 cup of thinly sliced white onion
– 5 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
– 1 1/2 cups white wine
– Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
– 2 lbs mussels, cleaned and beards removed
– 1/3 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
– 4 tablespoons butter
– 2 tablespoons minced chives
– 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
– French fries
1. In a large Dutch oven or straight-sided 12-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of white win and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the mussels, cover and steam until open, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to a large serving bowl.
2. Add the remaining white wine, parsley, butter, chives and mustard to the remaining cooking liquid and bring just to a boil while stirring to combine. Pour the sauce over the mussels. Serve the French fries.