This gazpacho differs from traditional gazpacho because it contains no bread but the ripe tomato flavor is the same! Base for this gazpacho is almost classic.
– 2 slices red or white onion
– 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
– 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
– 4 celery ribs, chopped
– 2 to 3 garlic cloves, to taste, halved, green germ removed
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or win vinegar (to taste)
– 1/2 to 1 cup ice water, depending on how thick you want your soup to be
– Salt and freshly ground pepper
– 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber (more to taste)
– 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato (more to taste)
– 1/2 cup finely chopped green or yellow pepper
– 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
– Slivered fresh basil or chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, onion, cucumber, celery and olive oil, vinegar, paprika, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. Pour into a bowl or pitcher, thin out as desired with water, cover and chill for several hours.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients and toss together in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper
3. Spoon the chopped vegetables into soup bowls and pour or ladle in the gazpacho. Garnish with basil chiffonade or chopped fresh parsley, and serve.
* Tip advanced preparation: This will keep for a day in the refrigerator