I absolutely love this simple recipe. Cubes of chicken or steak or chicken are left to soak in a marinade to absorb the goodness and make them tender and juicy. Makes 10 kebabs.
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
– 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
– 2 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoon honey
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1 1/2 lbs sirloin steak (look for thicker steaks), cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
– 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
– 8 oz cherry tomatoes
– 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow) cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
– 1 large red onion diced into chunks (about 1 1/4 inch)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing grill grates
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 10 skewers
– If using wooden skewer sticks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
For the marinade:
In a mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients. Pour marinade over steak then seal bag while pressing out excess air and message marinade over steak. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 3 to 6 hours
For the kebabs:
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees (partway through preheating clean grill grates if they aren’t already clean)
With veggies on cutting board, drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
To assemble kebabs layer chicken or steak and veggies onto kebabs in desired order, work to fit 4 steak pieces onto each kebab. When adding vegetables, layer a few onion slices together.
Brush grill grates lightly with oil. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of steak registers about 140 to 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 to 9 minutes. Serve warm.