20 minutes to make
Measuring cups and spoons
9×12 baking dish
Spoon for mixing
8 cups of water
2 cups of dry macaroni
1 tablespoon of butter
2 cups of milk
1/2 pound of American cheese slices, about 12 slices
1. In a large pot place the 8 cups of water and salt. Bring to a boil and cook the macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the macaroni in the colander and pour back into the baking dish.
2. Add the butter to the macaroni. Stir until it is well combined.
3. Pour the milk over the macaroni and top with the cheese – the cheese will over lap each other.
4. Cover the milk over the macaroni and top with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes or until all the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly.
5. Once out of the oven mix the macaroni and cheese to make sure that all the macaroni is well coated with cheese sauce.
6. Serve and enjoy.